September 12, 2014

Chitika

How much money can you make serving Chitika ads on your website? Seriously, Chitika has to be one of the worst major ad platforms for publishers out in that location in terms of payouts. In point, you extend their ads, send traffic to their clients, and you receive pennies — literally — in counter.

What is Chitika?
Chitika is a search-targeted advertising network that mainly goes around a pay per click scheme. They are one of the greatest and most popular ad serving networks out there, and have even had big names in blogging like Darren Rowse promoting their service.

I’ve used Chitika ads at various periods over the past three years, and I know that if they are well placed they do bring forth a respectable click through rate (percentage of advertising impressions that lead to clicks). The problem with Chitika is that they pay their publishers ridiculously low charge per units. I’ve found that I make about 1.4 cents per click, on average, which is more than 30 times more depressed than what I get with other pay per click advertising networks.

In that respect are three points of publishers in the Chitika network: gold, ash gray, and bronze. Gold tier publishers get a higher PPC payout than silver, and silver gets paid more than bronze. I was in the silver level throughout my time in the program. I applied for admittance into the gold tier, but never heard anything back from Chitika about it, and eventually I gave up waiting.

To gauge the traffic ballpark, I play in, my main site brings in over 80,000 visitors per month and my network over 90,000. I then became curious how many clicks and traffic I would need to get in order to get a good sum of money with Chitika, and the results were amusing. Using the stats above as a basis, in parliamentary procedure to earn a measly $100 with Chitika I would need to generate 7,140 clicks.

How much traffic would be needed for this amount of clicks? Using the click through rate above, I would demand to show Chitika ads 2,540,200 times for a hundred bucks. This pretty much means that if I ran these ads on all on the pages of the Vagabond Network for an entire year I would pull in about $150. These are insanely low payouts in a market where respectable ad networks pay between 30 and 70 cents per click.

To put it simply, 1.4 cents isn’t worth left a visitor my site. Chitika ads have now been withdrawn from the Vagabond Network. Our advice is to stay away from this under performing advertising platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment